There are many opportunities to educate kids about the risks of hearing loss from noise. We have a few ideas to help you use our information, activities, and resources as you teach kids about noise and hearing loss.
Check out the following resources to help you engage with parents and kids.
- Make kids and their parents aware of the causes and prevention of noise-induced hearing loss. Encourage them to read What Did You Say? What Loud Noises Can Do to Your Hearing.
- Draw preteens’ attention to sources of potentially damaging noise. Have them use the Listen Up! Infographic to see which everyday noises could be harmful.
- Promote healthy hearing habits to thousands of parents and preteens by using our multimedia content on your website and social media platforms.
- Point out sources of excessive noise. Print out and give kids a list of the decibel levels for common sounds from the Noisy Planet “How Loud Is Too Loud?” bookmark.
- Like us on Facebook for updates on Noisy Planet and the latest news about noise-induced hearing loss.
- Follow Noisy Planet’s sponsor, the National Institute on Deafness and other Communication Disorders (NIDCD), on Twitter, for access to a wide range of resources and research on noise-induced hearing loss and other communication disorders.
- Follow the NIDCD Director on Twitter.
Support Homework and Independent Research
Noisy Planet has numerous resources for students working on school assignments:
- Journey of Sound to the Brain explains how sounds make their way from the source to your brain.
- Where’s the Noise? describes common sources of dangerous sounds that surround kids.
- Keep Listening to the Beat give kids ways to protect their hearing and still enjoy the sounds they love.
Share Activities and Images
- Print out our crossword puzzle and have it ready for use with kids.
- Have kids Test Their Noise Knowledge to see what they know about hearing loss and noise.
- Post our multimedia content to your own social media account.
Download or Order Free Resources
Noisy Planet offers downloads and publications to order—all free of charge.
Find Out More
Get information about Noisy Planet and our resources sent to your inbox.